- 1 Days left to achieve target
Give to Grow Capital Campaign
In 2014, the St. Elizabeth Seton parish committed itself to investigating the costs and processes necessary to renovate the parish facilities by adding a new parish hall,
new sanctuary, and permanent classrooms and offices. Research was conducted with
the parishioners of St. Elizabeth Seton as well as with community members in exercising due diligence regarding the parish expansion project. SVPA Architects, Inc. was engaged to evaluate St. Elizabeth Seton’s current needs and develop a “phased” approach for the parish’s vision. SVPA led several group sessions to understand and assess the wants and needs of the parish as well as surveying key parish committees. Four potential phases were proposed.
Following those findings, the Charitable Giving Resource Center (CGRC) performed a Fundraising Feasibility Study. They conducted 39 confidential face-to-face interviews seeking the input of 60 individuals from the parish and community. The study sought specific information to determine parishioner’s and area community member’s perception on vital issues related to the renovation projects
The needs that were identified for our parish include:
- The worship space is too small to accommodate the congregation, so the parish hall is used to handle the overflow. This in turn does not allow the parish hall to be used for functions without the re-assembly of tables and chairs.
- A very small entrance lobby is too small to be used as a functional gathering space for the parish and the community.
- The parish has a need for a parish hall and kitchen that can accommodate weddings, graduations, funerals and larger parish dinners and functions.
- The current religious education spaces are in separate buildings that are not connected to the main building and lack restroom facilities.
A LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
The image above is a representation of future phases of the parish expansion. The new parish hall (Phase 1) will extend from the northeast side of the existing church structure.
- There is currently no dedicated space for meetings, so they are held in the open
space in the parish hall. More and better meeting space is desperately needed.
- Handicap accessible restrooms and larger restrooms are needed.
- The parish does not have adequate offices for staff and the parish priest.
- Expanded parking is also needed to accommodate large crowds for parish hall functions and larger Mass sizes.Based on these needs, St. Elizabeth Seton Parish has a vision to build a new parish hall which will seat 250 -300 with an appropriate sized kitchen. Also included is a new worship space to seat 400 people with a suitable sized gathering space. New and enlarged restrooms are envisioned to support these functions.In the remodeling of the existing facility, the parish has a vision of re-purposing the existing parish hall and worship space into new classrooms and office space, so all the facilities are under one roof.A new image for the parish is envisioned as the exterior of the existing building is transformed into a new and appealing building form that is highlighted with a very dramatic worship space that faces Scotch Ridge Road.